View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X3 35i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen4BMW View Post
I have a 2013 X3 Msport w/ DHP. if you like the Msport cosmetics than get it but just know the Msport configuration has almost zero to do with ride and handling although Msport wheels and tires do make a difference to a degree.

So what it than comes down to is whether you want the latest and greatest suspension technology or not. If you want it all than you need to option in DHP which will always be active and working to control suspension dynamics across the full gamut of bumps, g-forces etc. I drove X's with and without and found DHP yielded what I'd describe as a more high performance feel in terms of how the suspension adjusts to hold a line thru sweeping semi bumpy turns. DHP does not = stiff ride.
Unless they changed it for model year 2013 (mine's a 2012), US-bound X3 M-Sports do not come with sport suspension, but SAP models do. In other words, the suspension would be firmer by default on SAP vs M-Sport. Note, I also have DHP and think it is a must-have because in Normal mode the ride is just a bit soft for my taste at times.