View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 X5 M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
I'll post here as starting a new thread is a poor idea....

Be VERY careful about "bad fuel"...this is BMW setting you up to take the fall, financially. I would fight them hard if they ever bring that up, and mst importantly if they ever put it in writing. Do you use a credit card for all your fuel purchases? (I think I could prove to them every tank of fuel I purchase came from Chevron, 76 or shell). BMW seems to believe that 'amerian fuel is bad', or maybe they hide behind it...but interestingly, they have a legal obligation to ensure that the cars they sell in america can run on the fuel that is sold in america. Just saying.

Something is wrong with THIS motor, otherwise they'd all be doing this.

A
I totally agree about the "bad fuel" run around. That is total BS that would p*ss me off for sure.

For the record, I recently went through a series of 3 engine malfunction low power warnings on my '11 X5 50i. One happened just as they started it to bring it up to me after a routine visit for state inspection. They wouldn't give it to me and kept it for 3 days. Replaced an injector. Happened again and they said it was another injector. Third time in the span of 3 months and this time they said that some hoses were worn out and had collapsed. All of this in only 23K miles over 25 months.

I certainly love driving it when it's working, but this thread is making me think twice about what's going on here. Obviously they don't know the solution yet and the same issue sounds like it's showing up on both the 35i and 50i engines.

The only upside is that I've had the chance to test drive nearly every model in the lineup. Wondering if I will go this route again next June when the lease it up.

Has anyone sent this thread to BMW customer service?? Is that something that they would respond to or want to see? Assuming they don't read this.