Thread: F30 too big?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Even the E90 feels bigger & boatier than my ZHP, though similar to how the E46 felt after my E36. Every new 3 series is a tradeoff vs the old one Ė bigger, a little less involving, but with (usually) nicer interior, better features and a better engine. Trust me, if you think an E39 sucks compared to your ZHP, youíre not gonna like an A3 Ė yeah, itís smaller, but itís nowhere near as involving or balanced as your car.

The GTI is usually more like a 3 series in feel than A3. A MkV I drove felt a lot like my E46 and itís just as roomy except the trunk is tiny with the seats up.

The funny thing is, I donít think interior space has improved since the E36, only exterior size has increased. I adjusted the driverís seat for myself in the F30, then sat behind it, and the seat was up against my knees, just like it is in every 3 series back to the E36.

I plan to keep the ZHP til it gets problematic, and I like to avoid 1st model year BMWs anyway.