View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 Fire Orange BMW M3
6 Speed,

I'd love to hear what you like about the M3 as compared to your Z06 and what you miss or might miss about it.

Since the 60s, I've loved Corvettes and just never owned one let alone test drove one. Last year after I spent way too much money on a repair to my well loved, well cared for, but well used 99 Lexus GS 400, I test drove a Z06. I was surprised how blasť I felt about it. Quite surprised. I read some reviews and they were lukewarm about some things. and they loved other things. The seats and the steering seemed to be the biggest complaints. (Power was impressive, but the handling was not).

In March, I was looking at Corvettes again and saw an M3 and test drove it. WOW, instant love. I test drove a Corvette Grand Sport, and again wasn't that impressed. I wanted something that made me WANT to drive it all the time. The M3 did that for me.

Now that I've owned the M3 for some months, I wish the M3 were as iconic as Corvettes are, but I sure am glad I bought the M3.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments regardless is you decide to keep your Z06 or if you get the M3. I'd love to hear your likes and dislikes of the M3.

Thanks and good luck with your decision.

Rob

Last edited by rotorheadbob; 08-29-2012 at 06:18 PM.