View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Honestly, this is really disappointing to hear. I was at the forefront of the Cayenne TDI "jump-ship" committee, but after reading this, I really need to take one out and check it out. ( No one has it yet in my area ) I would have expected it to be at least just as fast because it is significantly lighter, but is only down about 25 hp.

I sometimes think that the X5d is loud on the highway, I can't believe the more expensive Porsche is louder..
The one I drove was not loud or even remotely loud on the freeway. I was cruising routinely at 80-100 in the thing and it was extremely quiet actually. I do not recall what wheels it had on it, might very likely been the base ones. I personally think it is not just the 25 hp less that makes it "slower" but how the power comes on and how much of it stays there. Look at the curves Porsche has posted and go dig it up for the BMW and would show what I am trying to say. Seems like comparing hp to hp between the two is not saying much unless perhaps you only drive one way and that way is at WOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission View Post
I was not "blown away" with the Cayenne Diesel.
Me either, I was rather disappointed. I drove it figuring it was going to surprise me like all other Porsches I have driven but it just did not at all. Felt like it needed some more power overall. I have not fully dismissed one as an option but I went into it figuring I'd leave it with it being the only option.