Thread: VitaMix??!!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwhusky View Post
BlendTec and Vitamix are the same thing or at least in the same category and are probably comparable in price.

If you go with a Vitamix, don't throw away your blender because they each have their own uses.

Vitamix is more for completely pureying your food to liquid. A blender will still leave chunks of stuff and won't get it to a complete liquid. So all in all they have differnet uses. If you don't care about getting your smoothy or other things to completely liquid form, then don't buy a vitamix. If you do then get one. I have a Vitamix and a blender. For things like ice cream smoothies (oreo + vanilla ice cream + milk) I use the blender because I still like chunks of oreo and chunks of vanilla in the smoothie.

For things like strawberry smoothie (strawberries + ice) I use the vitamix because it turns it in to a true strawberry drink with no chunks of strawberry and no chunks of ice.
I think you have a different model? There are the Vitamix with the three knobs on the front: Off/On. High/Variable. 1-10. Picture below, in a minute...

1-10 is from a slow blender speed to 25,000 RPM. Then you flip to High and it goes to 37,000. There are other Vitamix models that don't have the variable knob. I guess that's what you have?

But there's no need to keep a blender. It does all of these speeds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1840.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	339652  

Last edited by MatWiz; 08-30-2012 at 02:51 PM.