Thread: VitaMix??!!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Psychology Reversalist
Mein Auto: 528
Originally Posted by uwhusky View Post
BlendTec and Vitamix are the same thing or at least in the same category and are probably comparable in price.

If you go with a Vitamix, don't throw away your blender because they each have their own uses.

Vitamix is more for completely pureying your food to liquid. A blender will still leave chunks of stuff and won't get it to a complete liquid. So all in all they have differnet uses. If you don't care about getting your smoothy or other things to completely liquid form, then don't buy a vitamix. If you do then get one. I have a Vitamix and a blender. For things like ice cream smoothies (oreo + vanilla ice cream + milk) I use the blender because I still like chunks of oreo and chunks of vanilla in the smoothie.

For things like strawberry smoothie (strawberries + ice) I use the vitamix because it turns it in to a true strawberry drink with no chunks of strawberry and no chunks of ice.
I think you have a different model? There are the Vitamix with the three knobs on the front: Off/On. High/Variable. 1-10. Picture below, in a minute...

1-10 is from a slow blender speed to 25,000 RPM. Then you flip to High and it goes to 37,000. There are other Vitamix models that don't have the variable knob. I guess that's what you have?

But there's no need to keep a blender. It does all of these speeds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1840.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	339652  
"The greatest thing about the internet, is that you can quote something and totally make up the source." - George Washington.

Last edited by MatWiz; 08-30-2012 at 02:51 PM.