Thread: DEF Usage?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 'BMW 335d, Audi A3
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbimmer View Post
My last two oil changes just have a reference to 'refill DEF'. They didn't list amount used in refill.

I think the failure to have some sort of quantity guage for the tanks really is a design flaw. My situation is a perfect example. They ended up putting two small containers in the active tank to appease me and said they would review at my oil change in 5K. It just really seems like they don't care about really finding out what the problem was, refill error or pump issues. If I could tell how much was left in the passive tank, then I would know immediately which one is the problem. Empty=refill issue Full=pump failure.

I already know they aren't going to take the issue seriously at the oil change. I can tell them straight to their face that they truly are wrong and they just say its normal and there's nothing I can do about it. Maybe I'll have to try another dealer for service as much as I'd rather not

I went back in today to talk to my salesman (not my service advisor) and told him I may be ready to upgrade to the 2013 NA M3 just to avoid turbos and DEF (My 2007 335i was a buyback) My commute is going from 140 miles a day to 35 a day come November. Maybe this was just good timing
I understand that your frustrated with the car BUT the problem isn't with the car - it's with the dealer's service. So my question is why would you buy another car from that dealer? In the scenario you've outlined you're rewarding the dealer for lousy service. The dealership wins on two counts, first they will probably (or at least try to) undervalue your D at trade-in and second reap the benefits of selling another car.

Retired:
'07 A3
'01 Acura TL
'93 Miata b Candy Apple red, AC, Factory hardtop
'90 Audi V8q
'87 Audi 5000 auto
'84 Audi 5000 5sp
'81 Audi 4000 4E
'80 VW Diesel Wabbit
'78 Camaro LT ttops
'73 MGB
'69 VW Fastback