View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:10 AM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by seariver View Post
I'm really frustrated. My CA didn't answer my question whether my order has been placed or not. (I asked him by mail two days ago).

I called the dealership, my CA is out. Another CA answered the call, he told me he checked the system, there is the order. (hope this CA has higher priority than my CA, because he can access the DCS system)
When I asked my production number, he asked his manager about it (hope the manager is not my CA's manager, who is supposed to be out of office until next Tuesday).
And still no production number, but it may be available next Tuesday after the holiday.

And I asked whether I can cancel my order. His manager said no, because it has passed some phases.
So the order is in BMW system but no production number???

I called BMW NA, the customer representative told me the only way to track the status is the production number.

I don't know what to do next. Another local dealer promise me an allocation slot he has, and if ordered, my car will be here in October.
Call them back and ask for a Vehicle Inquiry Report (VIR) by name. Ask them to email it to you. You can also ask them for the Order Status from the VIR before you hang up. If they cannot give you an Order Status number or cannot send you a VIR, do not hang up, cancel your order and keep asking for managers until you get someone who can help you.

If they can get you a VIR, then you are in okay shape. It will have your prod number on it, as well as your customer information, and a list of all the options which you selected for your car.

If they can't do this, then they are either misleading you or incompetent, and in either case, run.
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)