Thread: DEF Usage?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 'BMW 335d, Audi A3
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbimmer View Post
You have a very good and valid point. Actually, I initially went to my salesman to complain about the situation since he was on vacation when the whole thing went down. He was very clear that next time this happens, or if I have a problem with service on this issue at the time of the oil change, that I should come see him and he will make sure all is right. He agreed that the 6000 miles didn't seem appropriate and that this should be addressed and under warranty.

The conversation continued and he knows I almost bought an M3 when I bought the 335d, but didn't because of my commute. I mentioned my upcoming transfer and we got into the M3 discussion. I was just saying maybe that all this happened for a reason to nudge me in to maybe making a change. Believe me, I'm not going to just blindly upgrade if I got a bad deal. It is already a bad enough financial decision to trade in a car in the second year of ownership, if they tried to fleece me, the deal wouldn't happen. I didn't get to a point of being able to afford an M3 by just throwing money away or rewarding bad service.

No matter what, I'll still have the 335d come the next oil change at my rate of mileage so we'll see how service treats me when the time comes. I won't hesitate to get my sales advisor involved, plus he's probably more likely to come in heavy if there's a potential sale riding on it
I think you're wise to let this go through to the next service/ oil change. I would get them to properly document the paperwork to show the quantity & type of oil they used as well as the quantity of DEF.

One other consideration... if you are thinking about an M3....I recall reading somewhere that M3s require more maintenance than the everyday 335. If this dealership is falling short on maintaining your D how are they going to do with an M3?

Retired:
'69 VW Fastback
'73 MGB
'78 Camaro LT ttops
'80 VW Diesel rabbit
'81 Audi 4000 4E
'84 Audi 5000 5sp
'87 Audi 5000 auto
'90 Audi V8q
'92 Millenia
'01 Acura TL
'93 Miata b Candy Apple red, AC, Factory hardtop