Thread: DEF Usage?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Your tag indicates that you are in the Bay Area -- there are at least 6 BMW stores right in our area -- go to the next one over and try their service center. All of them are different in their level of expertise and you will find a good one to use. Personally I have had great luck with Stevens Creek BMW service (Erin - formerly with Dinan in Mtn View). Remember a dealership has three profit centers: (1) New Cars - includes the F&I sales (2) Used Cars & (3) Service Center. All are independent of each other and have their own managers. So, your sales person may not have the "juice" to get things done in the service area. I think that even after all this time has passed since the urea tanks appeared, there is still unfamilarity with the system within the service community, and some are more dialed in than others. I would not at all be surprised if your tanks were not actually filled, even though the record indicates they were. If there is a glitch in your car's system now is the time to find it -- not after the warrenty goes away. Good luck!

Last edited by UncleJ; 09-01-2012 at 07:47 AM.