View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Thanks for sharing Mike. Have you had any extended seat time in the Cayenne V6? If so, how would you rate it compared to the Diesel? I've driven the V6 a couple of times and really like it. To be said we are going to trade a 2001 Pathfinder with 240hp that never felt too slow or weak for our SUV use so the NA 300hp in the Cayenne is already a trade up. It will be my wife's commuter and our adventure ride, it needs to be reliable.

We'll probably wait to make the final decision until the F-series X5 is uncovered but from what I've experienced ( owned an F10 ) and heard about the other F-series vehicles I'm pretty sure we'll pass. The reliability just isn't there and the classic BMW steering feel is ruined.
The Cayenne Diesel is my choice over the gasoline-fed V6... if you can swing it. Much better fuel economy, and the oil-burner is quicker (you can't overlook the torque). Both are VW engines.

We likely won't see the next-gen X5 until spring.

- Mike

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'15 Volkswagen Golf TDI 6MT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as Editor-in-Chief for Autoweb!