View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by avus9 View Post
Can someone reference a link for the turn signals in HUD operation? I will be going back to my coding guy, after Bimmerfest East, as the always-on of the auto high beam assist feature didn't seem to take.
Now if someone can just figure out opening the large hatch from within the cabin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt=hi&bye View Post
Still waiting on my coding guy to put turn signals in HUD. But no worries, it can definitely be done. Will post info about it after it is successfully coded on my car....hopefully much sooner than later....
This will help your coding guy. Keep in mind these settings are what worked for my 2012 F07, they may not work for other models. Make sure to make a backup of settings and do one set of changes (one feature) at a time, test it, then move on.

For HUD turn signals, it's 3 steps:

Step 1:

(For all steps - make sure you're using the F01 coding in E-Sys - don't use F10. Our car's programming is more similar to a 7-series (F01) vs. a 5 series (F10).

Module: KOMBI
Section: 3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration
Function: BLINKER_HUD_ENABLE
New Value: aktiv
Default Value: nicht_aktiv
Save and apply code to car.

NOTE: Every time when you code the "Kombi" module you will get a warning in your cluster and nav screen saying something malfunctioned and you have to take your car to nearest BMW dealer. The warning will disappear once the coding is completed and your date and time will be lost. You'll need to set your date and time every time you code from this module.

Step 2:

Module: HU_CIC
Section: 3000 HMI
Function: HUD_TURNSIGNAL
New value: aktiv / Werte=01
Default value: nicht_aktiv / Werte=00
Save and apply code to car.

Step 3:
Enable "Turn indicator" Check box in Settings=>Heads-Up Display for this to work.

Last edited by tonyscv; 09-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.