View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 PM

Mein Auto: X1
Satin skirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1FirstBMW View Post
Holy crud, did I order the wrong car. L
Long story short, I feel in love with the X1 about a month ago based purely on pics of Euro version. Our dealer finally got one in a couple of weeks ago and I drove and ordered on the same day. Production completion is estimated on 8/28. I had this nagging feeling something wasn't quite right with the pics on the configuration area of the BMW site and all the saved pics I found online.
I realized last night that my car on order has a black skirt, not satin. I love the satin! I have seen cool pics of the Jet Black with all black rails and skirts, but the satin chrome ones are my favorites. It looks like I have to order the xLine to get that as an option in the US. I found OEM parts online, but all are overseas and I don't know cost wise if it's better to add another $1900 to the price of my ordered car or spend $1000 on after market mods. Can I even change the order at this point?
This is my first Bimmer and my first made-for-me car, so I don't know the rules. I sent and email to my SA, but haven't heard back yet.
Whe,re did you find the aftermarket satin skirts, i may want to add them, but didn't want to pay 1900 for the x line since I already added over 10k of options.