View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e39 530i e28 535is(Sold)
This is not my cup of tea, but I say kudos to Umnitza for developing this setup. For those who want a quad setup it seems like it would be nice to have an option that does not require body/under carriage modifications. But I am sure people with vote with their checkbooks or I guess debt/credit cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
...can you put a fake exhaust can back there as well?
I'm not sure this was a serious comment, but that might actually look good if there is enough room to fab something there. I mean, unless I am missing something this quad exhaust thing is about aesthetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren1231 View Post
The header config is already a 2 piece is I'm not mistaking. Why not make a true dual kit with an x pipe?
There are a bunch of people who have done a true dual exhaust system on non M e39s, but it requires cutting and reconfiguring the metal in the spare tire carrier area to have enough room to mount the second muffler. M5s don't have a spare tire that is why they have enough room for it from the factory.

Personally I think it is a little nuts to cut up the car to fit a dual exhaust. But then I also don't see why everyone wants a twin tip single side exhaust rather than a single tip. The M5 quad setup is nice, but so are single side twin tips or a single side single tip. I however do think exposed tips are way better than the OEM turn down nonsense. That is a nice thing though we all have different ideas about what makes these cars look good. I am sure plenty of people disagree with or have very different aesthetic ideas than I do.

Last edited by Solo12; 09-03-2012 at 08:16 PM.