View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibob View Post
is there a chance to program my car with 47.x myself without contact the dealer.

any instruction or possibility to get these update without 100 bottles of scotch ?
greetz
sibob
I say program the car because that is how ISTA/P works. It doesn't target single ECU's. It evaluates all ECU's and brings the car up to the current Integration Level, upgrading only those ECU's with newer firmware that need it. You could program the car yourself; however, you would need a virtualized / stand alone version of ISTA/P, an ICOM interface ($$$$$), and a car charger.

For just these new features though, programming is a bit overkill. All that is needed is to update the KOMBI firmware only. You can flash ECU firmware in E-Sys; however, it is not well understood or documented. Malcolm (user mjgood) did flash the firmware on his Combox and CIC using E-Sys in order to get 6NR BMW Apps capability. Apart from him, I have yet to hear of anyone else doing it with E-Sys. I think the E-Sys TAL took about two hours to flash his CIC running over an ENET cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCar View Post
By HUD upgrade I mean the additional features.
I was referring to 47.4 update with out the dealer.
Anyways let me check if we discussed it here if not I have try talking in my dealer.
Short of flashing Kombi, I don't see how.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips