View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW E65 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF-FKR View Post
Just to re-clarify. This thread is all over the place...

I would like to plug in my Blackberry to my MMI so I can stream Pandora in my car (or IPOD only). I have a 2002 745i pre-facelift. Based on this thread here is the items what I need. Please correct where wrong:

Post Facelift MMI (2005-2008)
USB Diagnostics tool with GUI to enable correct bits for new features in car (AUX=Yes, BLUTH=Yes)

These two items will allow me to acheive the Aux input of a media device that uses the headphone jack to plug into correct? Where does the AUX plug come from? Hopefully the new ASK is not required to do this, although I am having occasional problems with static in my front speakers and that has been tied to ASK units.

Sorry to keep asking this question but I want to make sure before I commit to a new MMI. The GUI interface bit changes dont scare me to much. But I think I will have the new MMI installed professionally.
Hi, Like Rookie has said, you will need to change the ASK to the facelift version too, this is where the AUX jack actually plugs in. The old ASK has mo provision for AUX input.

If you want bluetooth then you will need to replace the telephone module in the boot, this is covered in detail in the 'How to retrofit bluetooth' thread in the DIY section. Myself and many others have contributed a large amount of information about how to perform this upgrade, read every page and follow it through. Its a fair bit of work and not as simple as swapping out the MMI.

Hope this helps

Stuart