View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Popeye

Mein Auto: 1990 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdubbs325xi View Post
Hey Byork. I would get the rust looked at as you do no want it to spread. I you are body work savvy enough, you can sand it down yourself a bit and see that it hast spread under the paint further. My brother does body work, I am going to see him tomorrow so I will ask him for his thoughts an get back to you. By the way, congrats on BMW! I have an 06 325xi and love it!
Awesome thanks a lot. That would be of great help. And yea i love it more and more each day, very happy with my purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh429er View Post
Get it fixed soon. The doors have two thin skins, if that is rusty like that I bet the inside skin is starting to rust too. Unchecked this will lead to a new door faster than you think. Although I'm from Wisconsin, what would I know lol
Not what i wanted to hear but i knew rust is never good so im not surprised. Thanks for the information. Even though youre from wisconsin it still is probably true. Especially me living on the coast and our humidity almost always being 80% rust is very common here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFatherFigure View Post
That trim pulls off straight down. No clips. It fills with dirt and holds water. take them all off, clean them out and check/repair body work. Keep the door drain holes clear.
So it just has some glue or other adhesive holding it on? How would i go about putting it back on, or are you suggesting to just leave it off? So to take them off i just grab and pull down? Thanks for the info kind sir.

Another update. Finally got the money from selling my truck so i ordered some NGK Spark plugs off eBay. During my lunch break im going to see if i can find some nice new cheap filters on their too, if not ill just get them through my work. Then it will be tune up time!