Thread: VitaMix??!!
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:32 PM
wooohooo

Mein Auto: '08 335i coupe 6MT sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
Start a thread, I can copy the coffee related posts to your new thread later on.

"I like that you can make a pound at a time, ..."

That means that you can also ruin a whole one pound at a time... .. Got to be careful with making one pound at a time.

One pound is a lot. You should consider that coffee goes stale about 2 weeks after roasting and maybe want to roast enough for 2 weeks at a time. So that you don't need to freeze. But of course you can freeze.

What kind of coffee you make? That will tell you how much you need to roast.

Which roaster are you looking at?
I very well might start a thread later in the future. I mean, up to a pound I should say, I do buy in roughly .5 lb amounts, actually maybe a tad more. For a while now, I drink French press exclusively. (I used to have an espresso machine back when, actually I've had two.) On occasion, I make vacuum coffee as well. I watched the vid for the cheapest home roaster I found at SM, the Behmor 1600, but haven't found the time to investigate why the more expensive ones could be worthwhile.

Who knows how many lbs of coffee I could ruin while learning, but like I said before, a home roaster once told me how dirt cheap coffee beans are in bulk, and that I could buy in bulk because of how extremely long they last, so I don't think I'd lose much money in that sense. Of course, I need to confirm these things, which I haven't got around to. I've been buying bulk herbs from the internet too lately, I'm into bulk

Oh, wide mouth jars are on their way.