View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
What kind of lease can I get for $300/month? A Honda Accord?

To you the car may be an appliance, or a set of shiny earrings, but to some of us, it's also entertainment, which is why we're not eager to spend more money to get into a less entertaining new car. If I was gonna blow $600/month, it would be on a slightly used 911.
You can't have it both ways, Chris.

You can't say "Leasing cars is foolish, puts suckers into cars they can't afford!"

And then say "I buy the same car and keep it for 10 years so it only costs me $300 a month and I can't afford a BMW monthly lease for that price!"

Don't you see? You've got it backwards. It's the own-and-keep-forever crew that's cheating, that's getting into a $50,000 German luxury car they can't afford. They keep the thing forever, past its shelf life, and say that they're able to "afford" it. It's the leasers that are paying what they can afford per month to always be in new cars who are doing it the right way, getting exactly what they can afford, it's always in style, it's always under warranty.

So, fact is, if you're averaging $300 a month by keeping your BMW forever then, yes, you should be leasing a Honda as you are holding onto a car you can't afford way too long.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®