View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
What about us frugal guys?

I bought my car 5 years ago. It is all paid off. I will keep it till it is no longer cost effective to keep it running, just as I did with all of my other cars.

In the 4 years it took to pay off the car, I spent more per year on trips and vacations. It is just a matter of setting your own priorities.

I fall in love with my cars and never want to get rid of them, and, basically, only do so when they cost more to keep up than they are worth.

In the year my car has been off warranty and maintenance, I have spent less than one month's lease payment on this years maintenance.
if you paid it off in 4 years the you were paying a bigger monthly payment than a lease payment. I guess you are saying now you can start taking nice vacations because you don't have ANY payment. That is logical.

But that has been my point and BJs all along. As long as the lease payments don't affect your ability to save/invest, and generally to do all the things you want to do then why not have a new car every three years.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.