View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X5
Auto headlights and auto wiper problems 2004 x5

I've been searching like crazy for the past few days for a fix for this.

Basically, auto lights come on when the car is started, but turn off after about 10-15 seconds.

The auto wipers don't ever work. They turn on and move once when I put the switch to auto, then after swiping once, they stay off.

I checked the following: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=615032 and it doesn't seem like my rain sensor has any air bubbles.

These features used to work, but no longer. I've owned the car for 5+ years and the issues started about 6 months ago. The windshield was never replaced. Not sure what the problem is. I opened up the 2 plastic pieces that attach to the back of the rearview mirror and none of the wires are disconnected.

I haven't been able to get a straight answer as to whether the same rain sensor also controls the auto lights.

Any help would be appreciated. And I promise, I did my homework and tried googling the problem. I used the amazing instructions on this site to fix my final stage unit on my AC without ever posting a question. But after about 5 hours of reading, I decided i needed to start a thread to find out the answer. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ads by Google