View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 03:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl View Post
Larry,

Having a VIN doesn't mean that it has been produced. Once it goes to the "beginning production" status it is about a week (or least was with mine) and then goes to finishing touches. It took about 2 and half weeks to go from beginning production to being at my dealership. I've in Dallas, Texas, though so transport times to Canada are probably different. I don't think you can track it during transportation, but they will have a status change to let you know that it has been released for transport. I know it is like a kid waiting for Santa Claus to come but try not to check on it daily. You will drive yourself nuts and there is nothing you can do to hurry it along at this point. It has a spot in the production line and will get to you as soon as it does. . . . I say this while completely admitting that I checked daily.
Thanks for the words of wisdom, you're right, I shouldn't check daily :-)

But I hate having little info. No news is sometimes worst than bad news.

Also - surprizingly - got an email last night from sales rep : " System says production planned for week 37, X3 should be finished by Friday 14th sept and arriving Canada towards the end of the month."

I will do like the Beatles suggested : "Let it be..."