View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 03:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i Monaco Blue 'vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1zamboni View Post
Got the car back today and dealer did not perform any adjustment to the top, all they did was applied the Wurth silicone gel stick on rubbers and that seems to resolve the squeaky noise, anyone out there have had experience with this brand Wurth from Germany? I did a search online and most stores will not ship them to California.
Well, thats a tad disappointing. I believe that the lube to the seals is just a temporary solution to the problem I use Gummy Pledge and that stops the squeaks and rattles for a few days at most - then its ba-ack!

I was hoping for a mechanical solution to the problem. I will let you know when I get my car back. I was hoping to hand it in this Saturday but they don't receive cars on the weekends except for oil changes - so its Monday.

PS you can order the Wurth Gel from autopia http://www.autopia-carcare.com/w-8930128.html I just ordered shipped to NJ. Use coupon code aucoupon for 15% off

UPDATE: arg! Autopia canceled my order - cant ship it to NJ. Will ship it to a friend in PA instead...

Last edited by Submariner; 09-07-2012 at 06:36 AM.