View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03' e39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaze540 View Post
Well, I found a pretty good deal on a better version of the bulb on ebay. Purchased today, should get here next week, so I'll update when they arrive.

On another note, I was on the phone with DDM today and the guy said I might need to put a resistor on them to get them to work. He recommended a 6ohm50w, because he said it was fairly universal so it's the best place to start. If I can find a store in Boone that sells them, I'll give it a go, but I'm not really interested in paying more for shipping than the part itself. I don't really understand how a resistor would make a difference as to whether or not the light comes on...I could see it preventing a check lights message but then again I don't really remember that much about ohms and watts and amps from high school physics.

Does anyone have any knowledge of someone else having this problem in the past? any help is still very appreciated.

You don't need resistor for the interior leds to work. That's a load of BS from DDM. I replaced all my interior light with LED (except the map lights which require a bit more disassembling so I stopped). You are correct that you need various sizes of festoon bulbs. I just bought the leds from ebay. They are all the same and cost was like 10 bucks for 10 pieces from China. All worked fine. The only thing you need resistor is the exterior lights such as the license plate light. But you can buy the SMD lights that has built in resistors. also dirt cheap from ebay.

Forget about the map lights, how often did you actually use it? If that's once in a very long while, then why bother.

Don't forget the visors and the glove compartment.