Thread: X3 or GLK
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.5i M-Spt, VW GTI
A bit of an update....

It's looking like it will be between the X3 and an X5d. I really like GLK, but in the end it's just a bit too small. The E350 is still a long-shot. I really like the look of the car, and would really like to be back in a sedan. The sedan, however, just isn't practical enough and I don't like the look of the wagon. The Touraeg is also a possible choice. I think it a nice blend of the ML and X5. It has a nice ride and performance, but doesn't handle like the X5. It's not a likely choice, though, since it doesn't lease particularly well.

I am set to test drive the X5d this weekend. I am hoping it has the same type of punch as the VW, making it fun to drive. The added space over the X3 would be nice. The X5 will really need to impress, though, knowing its an older platform that will be replaced soon. While I not 100% sold on the looks of the X3, I like the ride and handling dynamics better than anything I have driven to date. I am still leaning towards the M Sport package plus Dynamic Handling. I am surprised that I have found a few X3 and 5 series ordered with the M Sport, but not the handling package. It makes it impossible to try it without ordering. Thanks again.