Thread: Vacuum Leak
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:21 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
I was at the Stealer yesterday and just so happened that I caught up with the SA. I asked and he confirmed that the $150 smoke test will be credited towards any repairs.

He also mentioned that the technician who replaced the valve cover gaskets a while ago said I had the cleanest engine (135K miles) he had even seen. What's the secret? Mobil 1 every 5K miles since new. But, I'm getting lazy on the 330i, so it's every 10K miles now. I'm so good at it that I can change the oil and filter in about 15 minutes. And, I can reset OBC in seconds. Thank you all for suggesting leak locations.

Edit: BTW, what kind of gasoline do I use? Some of you will refuse to hear it, but I use the cheapest premium available, even on my 911 Turbo.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 09-07-2012 at 08:40 AM.