View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
For writing a VIN to the Combox in E-Sys, I figured that out, and it is very simple:

So simple in fact, that I am mad I spent so much damn time in Tool32, CMEDIA.prg and E-Sys trying to figure it out.

First you must code CMB_MEDIA / TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding VIN using your real FA VIN. Then, open your FA up in the FA-Editor, change the VIN, Caluclate FP just to make sure there are no problems with it, and then save the FA with a new name, i.e. FA_VIN_FAKE. Lastly, go to the coding module, and under Vehicle Order load your new FA_VIN_FAKE, activate FA, and then FDL code CMB_MEDIA. Lastly, read CMB_MEDIA coding data, and verify the new VIN in brackets. In the attached picture, you can see my Combox and Head Unit are showing two different VIN's.

Afterwards, either shut down E-Sys, or load your original FA back and activate it before coding anything else. DO NOT code anything else with this FA, and DO NOT write this FA to the car.

For Internet and BMW Live to work, you need a VIN with factory options 614 and 615.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Combox VIN Change - SVT.png
Views:	1567
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	340948  

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 09-09-2012 at 01:55 PM.