View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmX3 View Post
OK... I just bought a beautiful 2008 X3 and have noticed some of the symptoms described in this thread. But it is a GIANT thread! Can someone post the latest relevant TSB or SIB and perhaps also the quick 'check' that I have noticed mentioned, but cannot find in these 68 pages.

Thanks!
I can tell you if you drive the vehicle, slow down to about 15 mph (this puts it at about second gear where the problem occurs) then make a quick uphill right turn that if it hunts for a gear and lurches slightly that its got the problem and if you ask the SA if it has the latest TSB (and it actually does) then there is no fixing it. This however works under the premise that you have a knowledgeable and straight forward sales person that will be honest and want to build a relationship and not a quick sale.

This is not going to guarantee it's ok as this often happens when the car starts cold during winter months.

Don't know the latest TSB as after getting 13 "updates" they finally gave in and did a trade assist to an MT for me. Good Luck.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more