View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibob View Post
hey shawn,
thanks... i tried what you advised me to do i coded the following sa to my car: 614,615,6AB,6AL and finally replaced 633 with 644. all seems good now. i have the ability to get data via bluetooth phone. but i still have a problem coding the vin to cmb_media.

if i use a vin thats not my own, i always get a error (negative response, request out of range) and after i read out the cmb_media it shows a vin thats like "yyyyyyy". i guess there is a problem with the signature and thats why the device declines to write the vin. any idea on this?

thaaaanks
You should only get the error (negative response, request out of range) if you have NOT already coded TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding_VIN. If you code that first, it should take the new VIN. Also, when you are coding the new VIN, you should FDL Code it, not VO Code it, as if you VO Code it, it will revert to TELEMATIK_VIN = MOST_VIN, defeating it. First code TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding_VIN with real FA, the come back with FAKE VIN FA, and FDL Code CMB_MEDIA.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 09-09-2012 at 12:11 PM.