Thread: AC Condenser
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Manualaholic

Mein Auto: 01 330Ci/94 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertech777 View Post
When I replaced my radiator I found that it was totally blocked by leaves and debri between the tranny cooler and between the ac condenser .

Sent from my Desire HD using Bimmer App
Mine is a manual so I do not have a transmission fluid cooling element. I just replaced my radiator as well, and it was clean between the condenser and radiator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
yes it would help air flow across the rad easier. I have thought about abandoning the condenser too. On My car the using the AC makes it run too hot so i rarely use it. The fan clutch may be doing what its supposed to, draw more air when the engine is hot. i plan to remove the condenser on mine next summer. Are you using water wetter,that will let you run cooler. I try to avoid mechs most are crooks and fail to do accurate repairs on these cars.
I am using Water Wetter, but it hasn't helped my cooling issue (coolant isn't flowing through the system the way it should). I have a whole other thread regarding that whole debacle.

I think I'll remove the condenser, since winter is coming I won't need it, and it's leaking out all the refrigerant anyway.

(Grocery Getter) 2002 525iT