View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeS View Post
IIIF10III, this thread I believe was mocking the "what do you wear on your wrist thread", so don't sweat it. Asking a person for their gross income is a little personal and uncomfortable, even for the richest, and you won't get a straight answer regardless, so your quest is pointless. What's important is that your comfortable with your own finances and make the large purchase well worth the money!!! Congrats and Good Luck!!
well said, but i still feel bad for IIIF10III, even though this thread may have had some other intentions.

i think IIIF10III has more disposable income than many others onboard here, even if they make more on paper. at different stages in life, priorities change, some things which one doesnt even have to think about right now are necessary expenses later.

secondly, there is this lifestyle thing. i.e a careless spender v/s a prudent person.

thirdly, a premium car a guy drives - does it have anything to do with the gross income?
i would imagine that some of those are owned by black money and some others due to inherent wealth. genuine monthly gross income hardly comes into the equation.