View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Brevity= the soul of wit

Mein Auto: You've*got*to be kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybluesky View Post
How did you feel after the adrenaline wore off? Are you concerned at all about any kind of retaliation?
I still feel like sh!t. I feel like I aged or something. Not creaky bones, just bad in my gut. Near the bottom of my chest. I feel yucky.

The officers said that I did not need to worry about him coming back. They said if I looked at him as closely as I did, he would probably not come back into the neighborhood ever again. These people do not want to be seen. They especially don't want to be recognized.

That didn't keep me from finding my old security doors and installing them on Friday night. They're up. They don't fit right with the deadbolt on the new doors, so I had to remove the inside handle. It's just temporary anyway. We're getting measured for steel doors that will replace both the security doors and the front doors as one unit. They're expensive as hell, but I don't care. That's not happening to me again. Ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Anything happen with the police? They can still get him for B&E, no?
They can. Because he destroyed doors and they were over (some amount- I don't know) a couple thousand $, he committed a felony. The police were awesome. To an exact 'T', each one of them said, "Too bad." when I told them I have a gun but it wasn't on me. They each said that they wished I'd killed the guy. One officer (female) even went further after I pried deeper with "what if" questions about shooting him as he was running to his car.

"Oh, baby. You just put that out of your head. We know what this is. This is not a drug house. This is not a personal crime that you deserve or something. This man came into a good citizen's home and broke his door. We'll take care of you. We take care of good citizens. Next time, don't you worry about where he is. You do what you need to do."

She was being nice I am sure, and I am taking her advice with a grain of salt. It was nice to feel like I could take care of things if I needed to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
What did he want anyway? It does look like a strange way to break into a house.
The sergeant I spoke on the phone with who was filing my report said that this is a very common method of burglary. She said it is happening everywhere. Easy access through the doors and they can carry anything out they need to.

I am making the orders for a camera system if anyone has a suggestion for those.

We interviewed a dog from a rescue. He's three years old and is a boxer/lab mix. He was precious even if he looked ferocious. He immediately pressed his big square head into my thigh after he 'met' me. He felt like my dog right away. We're taking a week to think about him and get our house in order for a new family member. I know I would be happy to have him, but I don't know if we are all ready for the responsibility of a new 'person' in our family.

I want to thank you all for you sentiments. Many players have changed, but this is a great community founded on a wonderful common ground. I really do appreciate each of you- even those who have only read and not posted. I can feel the support of each of you.

Thank you.