Thread: 2012 Scion FR-S
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr29 View Post
this is my exact thought I'm torn between the frs and the 128.I really like the look of the frs but a bmw is a bmw.any help on sorting this out?
I love BMW and it'll, I'm sure be a better drivers car with a better feel. However, physics is physics and when you consider the fact the FRS is close to 500lbs lighter; probably has a lower Center of Gravity due to its boxer engine, and has a ridiculous .27 drag coefficient paired with a high revving 200hp engine...I doubt its going to be much of a competition in handling or straight line acceleration unless one of the cars has much better or worse gearing than the other. It's also got a double wishbone rear suspension.

But then again, yeah...its fast...but other than that? Not much to it. The 128i is more expensive, but you get a much better all around car.

Not to mention a 128i is 10000x better for daily driving. Reason is because it has a substantial amount of torque at very low rpm. If you want any acceleration in a FRS, you're going to have to rev the heck out of it to like 5000rpm+. Good for a track, not good for daily. Also, probably more comfortable and enjoyable.

Last edited by Bandem; 09-11-2012 at 02:50 PM.