Thread: 2012 Scion FR-S
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandem View Post
I love BMW and it'll, I'm sure be a better drivers car with a better feel. However, physics and physics and when you consider the fact the FRS is close to 500lbs lighter; probably has a lower Center of Gravity due to its boxer engine, and has a ridiculous .27 drag coefficient paired with a high revving 200hp engine...I doubt its going to be much of a competition in handling or straight line acceleration unless one of the cars has much better or worse gearing than the other. It's also got a double wishbone rear suspension.

But then again, yeah...its fast...but other than that? Not much to it. The 128i is more expensive, but you get a much better all around car.

Not to mention a 128i is 10000x better for daily driving. Reason is because it has a substantial amount of torque at very low rpm. If you want any acceleration in a FRS, you're going to have to rev the heck out of it to like 5000rpm+. Good for a track, not good for daily. Also, probably more comfortable and enjoyable.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Well done!

- Mike

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!