View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmoss View Post
Comfort Access will only unlock the car if the fob is outside the car. It may not allow locking of the car with from the outside with the fob inside. Best to try it with he second fob handy but out of range.
That's what I thought too, but not sure it is true. A couple of weeks ago, I mistakenly locked my key the cargo area when loading my golf clubs. I had originally opened just the cargo area but did not unlock the doors. I tried unsuccesfully to open the car for a few minutes and finally decided to call BMW Assist and admit my stupidity. While I was on hold, I tried once more to open using the rear passenger side door and viola -- it worked.

First of all, I would think it wouldn't be possible to lock your keys in the car using comfort access, but I admittedly never unlocked the doors....so it could be user error. Secondly though (and more importantly), I was really surprised that I could open the car with the key fob sitting in the trunk in my golf bag. I was going to do some research on that, but never did.