View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i Monaco Blue 'vert
Well today my E93 was in for a rattling noise detected on the front drivers side where the hardtop meets the windscreen roof. Previously I tried gummy pledge and lubricated generously in that area. It helped somewhat but the rattle would return after a few days driving me crazy. I do seem to recall that the rattling started soon after I drove over one of New York City's finest potholes that jarred my teeth filings...which made me believe that it wasn't lubricant that would fix it but rather something 'came loose' or was jolted out of place. Anyway that was my theory.

I dropped off my car yesterday and I enclosed a printout of what I found on the net regarding this problem (see my prior post which has the link).

The tech guy took the car for a drive and detected the rattle immediately (thank god). He initiated a work order for Bulletin SIB 54 12 07. He placed some spacers or washers as per bulletin. He drove it again and the noise was reduced but not completely gone. He installed another spacer and the noise was completely gone this time (thank god for his attention to detail!)

Noise free yay!

Nevertheless I have placed an order for the Whurl rubber gel which I will use for lubricating...
Let's see how it progresses in the coming weeks. Anyway, just thought I would share

Last edited by Submariner; 09-11-2012 at 07:07 PM.