View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:13 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
I hope you guys forgive me for hijacking this thread. The Comfort Access...I don't need it. I don't want it. Security concerns overwhelm its convenient function. I hope you guys never have to pay for the repair this "Comfort Access". All the electronic bells and whistles installed in the new cars make the pleasure of driving secondary. For example, my Porsche Turbo has Porsche Communication Management (PCM) which integrates all radio, NAV, phone functions to an electronic menu, similar to BMW iDrive. To this day, I don't understand why Porsche made the NAV is so difficult and complicated to use. To command something simple, I have to scroll through pages of menu. So much so, I use my Garmin Nuvi instead of the built in NAV system. One good thing about the PCM is that the screen is a convenient location for the Nuvi suction cup.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 09-12-2012 at 12:15 PM.