View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Mullini

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW sDrive 28i X1
IPod Integration on X1 without Nav?

The Glacier Silver X1 from dealer allocation that I have a deposit on should be arriving next week and at the dealership by next weekend.

I have one nagging concern - my X1's options are strictly the Premium pkg, which is fine by me, although I wouldn't mind the Lighting/Xenon.

When I was test driving we tried to attach an IPod Touch, but we were in a bit of a rush and when we couldn't get it to read, we just moved on. A salesman supposedly known for his tech knowledge swore to us that the audio system will read current IPods and that basic track info will scroll across the tiny tiny stereo screen. Now if we were getting Tech/Nav with the bigger screen I am sure that system would read the IPod, etc., and show track info. But does the stereo without Nav do so, 100% for sure?

In my 2006 Lexus IS250 I can listen to my Ipod through the stereo, but I get no track info. The one thing I would like in a new car in terms of stereo is to see track info for the IPod, as I listen to a wide variety of music in my playlists and sometimes tracks come on where I myself want to check the title/artist. believe me, once or twice I have been naughty and picked up my Ipod while attached to try and read track info while driving...with my eyesight, almost as bad as texting...

So if at this late date I find the stereo in the car I have my name on won't do anymore than my 2006 IS...might be time for a rethink...

Thanks for any assurances or other info...
Advertisement