View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyGeeGee View Post
Yes they are the same and I don't know why BMW call it Canyon in the US and Cohiba over here. Regarding the wood choice I tend to like having the different colors flow nicely in my car and always try to make it easy for the eye to look at things without getting distracted.

The Fine line oak trim is nice but since the AC/Radio console will always come in black I tend to go with black wood trim .

I attached 2 pictures to show the difference between Fine Line Oak and Piano Black just in case you wanted to see how they look.

Please forgive me for intruding as I get excited when I see people order a new car but did you think about going with Vermillion red with Titanium Silver? because that is a killer combo an can be spotted easily?
Not intruding at all! I appreciate the input.

The more I see pictures like you posted, the more I feel confident that the Fine Line Oak just isn't the right choice for me. I do understand what you mean about the Piano Black blending with the black panels of the controls, too. Still, I think I'm leaning toward the Gray Poplar, because it has the right darker tones, but still offers some pattern.

In every BMW I have ever driven, I've had black interior. Getting something different this time, even if it's only as different as dark brown, is a huge step. I just don't have it in me to go for the red leather! Ha.

Thanks again for your input. Much appreciated.

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...