View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '02 530i Sport auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by doru View Post
Hello Fudman.
I'm back home now.

So somehow I was able to contact a fellow named Scott - very nice person, who repairs door modules. He has a website with detailed info.

We tried to diagnose over e-mail what issue I have with my door locks, and somehow we narrowed it down to the actuator. The doors are also driven by the General Module 3 (GM3), which is behind the glove box. Navigate through the link I posted above and check the GM3 - you will see.
Inside the passenger door there is another module called PM-FT (for driver door) and PM-BT (for Passenger door), which as Scott said, drives the stuff in the door.

As far the Bentley goes, the info is meager, there isn't much stuff in it. I was able to dig the torque value for the bolts that hold the door airbags: 8.5Nm. Bentley mentions the screws have to replaced, which I didn't order. I guess I will re-use the old ones. The door lock actuator was waiting for me in the mail, so I guess I will be in the garage for the next little while to try to figure a way on how to replace it.

The only resource I found is the Youtube video:

Thank, Dorin! It doesn't look exactly easy but it does appear doable. I need to order the part and then I'll give it a go. I'll keep everyone posted on my results.