09-15-2012, 11:47 AM
I Am The Machine
Location: Somewhere Between The Valley & The Bay
Join Date: Apr 2007
Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Finally.....something on this project actually went smoother than expected. Just changed the radiator on the E36, took like 15 minutes. That's a brilliant design.
In order of plan today:
- Run car with cooling system flush for a little while
- Pull hoses to tstat and flush everything with tons of water
- Hook it all back up and start the blue devil......
- Let run for a few hours to see what happens
- IF everything goes well.....flush the system again
- Pull the new radiator and run tons of water through it
- New tstat, housing gasket, reinstall fan and radiator
- Pull mani, put heater hoses back the way they were, and replace all the gaskets on the intake path
- New plugs
- Compression test
If it doesn't go well.......part out.
// Chad // 2001 BMW 740i M-Sport // 2002 Lexus LX470 //
// 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 // 2000 Kawasaki Concours 1000 //
// 1998 Honda CBR900RR // 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250 //
Originally Posted by SlimKlim
You're a derbanana