View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Over 20 years owning BMWs

Mein Auto: 2012 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger74 View Post
I downloaded the GM and I can't get emails. I too lost emails in beta 4. Kinda bummed out about that
I also thought so in the beginning. What you have to do is enable notifications while locked.

Here's the step by step:

1. Go to Settings --> Notifications --> Mail --> Select any of your email accounts

2. Notification Center: ON

3. Alert Style: Banners or Alerts (I've only tested it to work with Banners...)

4. Show Preview: ON

5. View in Lock Screen: ON

I would suggest you delete the previously paired iPhone on iDrive, and remove the pairing on your iPhone too.

Re-pair the phone and iDrive.

You will get the notifications ONLY while the phone is locked (or screen is off). If you are testing this by sending an email to your iphone while you have your phone unlocked, you will never receive the notification on iDrive.

If you want to test it, lock your phone (or turn off the screen), or put it on the cradle, and wait a couple of minutes.

Then send yourself an email from your computer. You will see the notification on iDrive.

Hope this helps you out!

Alex.
2012 535i | Built 8/259/07 2011 | Delivered 10-15-2011 | Carbon Black | Oyster Black Dakota Leather | M-Sport Pkg | Luxury Seating Pkg | Premium Pkg | Premium Sound Pkg | Technology Pkg | Sport Auto Trans. | Split Fold-Down Seats | Heated Seats | Side & Top View Cameras | Heads-Up Display | BMW Apps | Black Panel Display | Trunk Lip Spoiler | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust | AirBlue Tint | Turner Wheel Spacers | Euro Plates | Hardwire V1 w/BOB | Media Cradle | Debadged | Kitchen Sink Pkg...