View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:13 PM

Mein Auto: Hyundai
need to be educated

my first car (I was 16) was a '78 320i. Piece of junk - $500 on side of road in western Pennsylvania, rear shocks tearing apart the towers, exhaust popped a new hole every month or so, front console torn out, 50/50 paint job (looked good from 50 feet & 50 mph). I loved that car. 4-speed on the floor and used to beat my buddys' pontiacs & probes up the hills. And the handling, never felt anything like it. I cried the day another new driver pulled out in front of me and I t-boned him, totaled the car.

Anyway, 16 years later... I want the same thing again. Doesn't have to be '78, but certainly an E21. And now I can afford to get one in GOOD condition. What I want for an everyday driver and hobby:
- good body condition (I am thinking its been in CA/the southwest its whole life, not in the humid south where I live now or in road salt territory where I grew up)
- manual
- 2 door preferred, will consider 4 door
- generally in original condition, not looking for a racer
- oh and working A/C is pretty key... I live in Houston

I don't know much about these cars now and plan to start reading through this forum to get a sense for whats out there. Can anyone help me get started - what price range am I going to be in for what I am looking for? ...thanks!
Advertisement