View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535xi
Rapid acceleration

I was traveling up to Vermont yesterday when I began to encounter heavy traffic merging onto the highway. I was passing some slower moving cars when a VW with a kayak on top abruptly began to cut into the lane I was in with hardly any room to spare. I then accelerated around him and decided to pick up some quick speed and get around this group of slower moving cars so I put my foot to the floor and stayed in the far left lane that had just opened up. Anyway, the car under full acceleration started to fish tail and then settled down and continued accelerating. This is not the first time this fishtailing sensation has occurred with my 535. It has happened before when I was rapidly accelerating. I must admit that this is the first turbocharged car I have owned. Other cars I have driven over the years could handle full acceleration without seeming to almost break loose in the rear. Maybe I shouldn't expect a fast car to handle all that quick speed when I put my foot to the floor like that. Maybe I should be more gradual in my acceleration technique. Any thoughts?
2011 535i X Drive - Space Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Wood Trim, Sport Package, Sport Transmission, Dynamic Handling Package, Cold Weather Package, Active Seat Ventilation, Premium Packages 1&2, Smartphone Integration.

2012 BMW R1200RT light magnesium, Sport/Touring Motorcycle
Ads by Google