View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
If they added those packages without informing her (as that paragraph states) and without consent, here in KY that would be legal violation. The contract has to have your initials and signature saying you acknowledge the explanation and accept the packages.
While I haven't seen the paperwork I can almost guarantee you they have all the initials and signatures required. What I see here is someone who was excited to buy their new car and initialed and signed everything put in front of them without reviewing it.

A friend of mine recently bought a new (used) vehicle. While in with the finance manager she noticed they had included a maintenance program as well as an anti-theft service. When she inquired about them the manager stated they include them with all their vehicles. She said she didn't want them. At first he reiterated they were included in all vehicle purchases and were already in effect on this vehicle. She said that's not her problem and if they weren't removed there was no deal. He removed them. The ironic thing being they are still in effect (because they were so before she decided to buy the vehicle) so she ended up getting both for free.

This seems to be another case of the buyer not taking responsibility for their actions (or possibly inaction in this case). If the OP believes there was fraud here he can try to pursue it in court (assuming asking the dealer to remove them fails). I doubt he will be successful.

Last edited by sunny5280; 09-17-2012 at 07:04 AM.