View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 540i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2263 View Post
I thought they did have a fixed range of tires. There's four dry weather tires (super soft, soft, medium, hard) and two wet weather (intermediate, full wet) compounds. They change the tires they use race to race depending on the demands of that particular track, but the compounds themselves remain fixed for the season.

Besides, Pirelli was given the job of creating tires that would spice up the racing. They've certainly done that. And isn't adapting to change a big part of what F1 is about?
Your 2 paragraphs contradict each other.

Yes Pirelli has four tyre types as you state. But some of the compounds have changed. Pirelli has said at several races that they are bringing new compounds to try out.

And last I don't agree that Pirelli's goal should be to spicy up the race as I said in my previous post. And further if you agree that Pirelli should spicy up the race then you must agree that it is exactly what they are doing.

Dirrezas (4) @ 275/35-18, Eibach springs & bars, Bilstein Sports, Dinan Stage 2, slotted ATEs, Hi-Temp HTP pads, SS Lines, UUC-SS, White/Tan, Bling-free & Stealthy

Last edited by franka; 09-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.