Thread: Coding HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
Trailer Info

I've got a GT OEM trailer harness coming from South Africa (it was free, long story). The instructions say at the end to load a file to reprogram the vehicle. Unfortuneately, it apparantly does not list the actual parameters that need to be changed.

I've had a request on the coding forum for over a week with some views, but no answers. Does anyone know what parameters need to be set (and what values, if not just activ or nicht-activ)?

Also, I found a big spreadsheet (had over 13000 lines!) that listed numerous programming parameters and someone had translated some of them into English. For the life of me, I can't find that file either on my computer or on the forum. Personally, I think their search function and organization is lousy, but they don't like to hear it! Can anyone point me to that? There are some smaller files with a few hundred entries, but I think I need the bigger one, since none I've found deal with trailers.

BTW, I'm trying to turn off the PDC when I have a bike rack installed. Realize I need either a trailer emulator/tester or a light bar attached to actually create a load so it recognizes it's got a trailer installed.

As you can imagine, having the alarms going off and the big red boxes blocking a bunch of the display when the bike rack is installed is very annoying. And, for the price, i couldn't pass it up!

Once I get this installed and figured out, I'll let you know. It's in the works to make an OEM towing package for the GT available in the USA. Not sure when it will happen, but maybe soon.