View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I have a good friend who sell Acura, he tells ma all kind of crazy stories. You guys might be surprise at how many people who knows very little about the car buying process, even worst with leasing. A fast talking finance manager can be hard to follow sometime, I try to always slow down the whole process when the finance manager is explaining the numbers. There are plenty of ways to sneak extra stuff in the payment. Like I alaways tell my friends, know your final payment before you even walk into the dealer.
This is the case for the vast majority of buyers. It may not be wise on the consumer's part, but some of you are giving the average consumer way more credit for their level of intelligence than they are due. Even consumers who can afford to buy BMWs. And most consumers eyes completely glaze over when it comes to the issue of consumer finance.

I know from experience dealers operate on the theory that the majority of customers are willing and able to afford a payment of $100 - $200 more per month than they say is their maximum. And consumers routinely prove this is true. Roughly 95% of buyers are payment buyers. It may not be smart, but it is true.

This happens with men as well as women, but women tend to be a) much more trusting than men, b) much less likely to question a male "authority figure" to his face, and c) less educated about all the intricacies of consumer finance. $4,100 @ 6% for 60 months is just less than $80/month. While most people might notice that increase they are most likely to attribute it to their own lack of knowledge in knowing how to do the calculations correctly and it ends up falling into the payment range they can handle.

Dealers deal with this information every day.....and they still screw it up. The average consumer deals with it every three or four or five or ten years. Taking advantage of novice consumers who trust the dealership personnel to treat them fairly and honestly is the definition of sneaky sales tactics.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 09-17-2012 at 06:13 PM.