View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskane View Post
Transmission oil change was done about 12K ago and this problem started randomly after that oil change and now has become permanent cold start issue. Indy was not reliable, so there could be a link to what you are saying is right. Or atleast that is what I would like to believe , cause I don't like the mechatronics (hate 'em bad).
Was the transmission fluid change done as PM or for another problem? Many shops (including BMW dealers) will reuse the trans fluid if the pan or sealing sleeve were changed due to a leak.

If the ATF was changed for PM do you know if ZF LifeGuard 6 or an equivalent OE fluid were used? If a different non-spec fluid was used that can cause a number of problems.

Have you had any other transmission issues such as slamming, sluggishness or holding gears too long that would suggest other solenoids are having problems?

The mechatronics removal for solenoid replacement is not the end of the world as far as a DIY. It just takes a tremendous amount of time, great patience and a meticulous level of cleanliness. Not even a thread from a towel can find its way into the assembly.