View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M3/X3/XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jay- View Post
haha.
after i finished the install i think i drove around for like 30 mins. it was right around sunset and i saw so many people's heads turn as i drove by

you mounted the power box a little different from me though. i pulled the wires all the way through and shoved the box right behind the xenon ignition thing. then i have the wires that connect to the relay wedged in the cover.
how did you mount the highbeam halo to make sure that it doesn't pop out? i ended up just using gorilla glue between the trim and the halo. hopefully it stays and doesn't crack and pop out.
and you actually removed the bumper. you're more thorough than i am. or maybe i'm just lazier. lol
i just wiggled the headlights out and wiggled them back in. that's why it took me like an hour to get the drivers side back in.
I mounted the high-beam halo using 3M tape since it is basically permanent - gorilla glue works great too. Once I cut the chrome trim ring to fit it in, it was snug without any gaps and I taped it to the ring from the back side of both parts. I'll look through my photos and find a good example so you can see what I did. As for the bumper, I've removed it enough times that I can do it in less than 5 minutes - getting it back on takes a bit longer I have big train horns mounted behind the bumper as well, so I've taken it off several times before.

Where did you pull the wires through the headlight? Did you drill through the housings or pull them through one of the doors behind the bulbs?

BTW, you should be able to remove your wheel well lining and push that bumper back out pretty easily

Last edited by chagrin; 09-17-2012 at 10:51 PM.